5 Tasty Biscuit Options For Snacks or Teatime
Biscuits are considered to have gotten their name from the French word for biscuit, which is ‘bis’ translating to “twice” and coquere which means to cook. The reason for their name comes from their cooking technique. They are cooked and then dried within ovens. The whole world uses the biscuit term, except in the US where biscuits are referred to as softer bread-like products that are baked once.
A Biscuit box is a hassle-free snack or breakfast option. Whenever you are hungry, just open up a pack of biscuits and start munch to your heart's content. You can eat biscuits anywhere and on the go as well. Biscuits are a feasible alternative for those in a rush and who are unable to get a complete meal to start their day. Although this habit of munching on biscuits isn't a novel idea, it's a habit instilled in us when we are quite young!
Remember when you were a kid, nothing ever came close to the taste of biscuits dipped in hot tea or just licking the cream off of cream biscuits by separating them! That’s just part of the wonderful experience of having biscuits. There are so many types of biscuits and we can’t get enough of them even as adults. The flavours, types, shapes and sizes of biscuits are limitless. As they can be bought from almost anywhere.
But there are some, which stand out from the rest of the bunch. Here is a LIST of some tasty biscuit options for snacks, teatime or even, breakfast.
- Shortbread biscuits are the softest and delightful shortbread baked the traditional Scottish way to get the best of both quality and flavour altogether. These soft and crumbly biscuits are an all-time favourite when it comes to British biscuits. These biscuits are enjoyed as a snack during tea time, regularly
- Healthy biscuits like honey and oat biscuits are made to a traditional Yorkshire recipe. This biscuit is a staple food that goes well along with tea or coffee, the number of biscuits you get differ based upon the packaging and is entirely up to your liking.
- Ginger Biscuits, made from the sweetened ginger stem, are offered in colourful packings and portion sizes. Gingerbread biscuits are another hallmark of Northern England, where no tea is complete without a hearty serving of ginger biscuits.
- Chocolate Chip Cherry Biscuits are the perfect snack for teatime or special occasions. These chocolate chip biscuits come with a fruity taste. These soft chocolate biscuits are sprinkled with melted chocolate chips and cherries to give a balanced flavour to them.
- Another favourite amongst the UK biscuits is the lemon-crisp biscuit. These fluffy, zesty and rich biscuits, made from an authentic recipe of cookie dough sprinkled with a dose of lemon oil for a balanced citrusy flavour. These mildly sweet biscuits are perfect for pairing with a cup of tea or any hot beverage of your choice.
All the biscuits mentioned are perfect in their own right but if you want to try all of them, make sure to check out biscuit selection boxes to get a taste of all of these delightful biscuits!