The Classic Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
Cookies are a hassle-free and easy-to-make snack to bake. Usually, a cookie comes in many distinct consistencies, and different flavours of each type of cookie but the awesome vintage chocolate chip cookies recipe is everyone’s favourite by a country mile. Another plus point is that baking these biscuits doesn’t cost you much and doesn’t take much time either.
You can easily make a bunch of these chewy delights in less than an hour, which includes all the prep work and time to bake as well. Please do ensure to use fresh ingredients as they bring out the best of flavours when compared to packaged cookie mixes.
- 1 and a ¼ cup of all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup of fine cocoa powder
- 3 tbsp of coconut oil
- 1 tbsp of baking soda
- ½ cup of brown sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- ½ cup of sugar
- ¼ tbsp salt
- 1 egg
- 6 tbsp butter
- 1 and a ½ tbsp of vanilla essence
- 1 cup of chocolate chips (semi-sweet)
1) Before combining all the ingredients, make sure to soften the butter. The most convenient thing to do is to measure out the 6-tbsp and leave it be for about an hour or so before you start the baking prep process and letting it melt at room temperature.
(But if for some reason you miss out on this step then just measure the butter and try to soften or break up using a fork or a knife.)
2) In a large-sized bowl, combine all the dry ingredients.
3) Stir all the dry ingredients using a basic blender whisk and put it aside for the time being.
4) Use an electric-powered hand-whisk to mix the coconut oil, butter, and brown and regular sugar into a wet mixture.
5) Then proceed to add the vanilla essence along with the egg.
6) Now go ahead and combine all the wet and dry ingredients, gently. Make sure to flatten out and lumps in the mixture for all-around consistency of the cookie dough.
7) After combing all the ingredients, add your chocolate chips. Now you will have a thick dough to work with.
8) Make out little globs of the dough and place them on a baking sheet with 2 inches distance in between the dough balls. Do not flatten the balls as that automatically happens when they are baked.
9) Preheat your oven at 180°C and bake for 12 minutes until the cookies have a nice golden hue.
10) Remove the baking sheet and let the cookies cool down on a cooling rack.
11) Now all that’s left is to eat the cookies using the best chewy chocolate chip cookies recipe by Yorkshire Bakingco, you can store these cookies in a vacuum-sealed jar for up to 2 days.
And if you're looking for other varieties of cookies available such as gift box chocolate cookies, then check this out!